It was back on 22 December 2020 that Middle-Aged Man, in offering up praise for JTFL‘s ICA of opening tracks by Elvis Costello, thought out loud and suggested he was struggling to think of any artists/bands that have released over 10 albums where the first tracks are worthy of inclusion in an ICA.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I offer up the thought that David Gedge, through The Wedding Present and Cinerama, has done so. And this is without including compilation albums…..
1) Dalliance (Seamonsters, 1991)
2) Maniac (Va Va Voom, 1998)
3) Brassneck (Bizarro, 1989)
4) You’re Dead (Valentina, 2012)
5) 146 Degrees (Disco Valente, 2000)
1) On Ramp/Interstate 5 (Take Fountain, 2005)
2) And When She Was Bad (Torino, 2002)
3) Everyone Thinks He Looks Daft (George Best, 1987)
4) Venus (Saturnalia, 1996)
5) Santa Ana Winds (El Rey, 2008)
David Gedge’s ICA from Opening Tracks: Side A (22:45)
David Gedge’s ICA from Opening Tracks: Side B (22:46)