Back on 8 October 2011, I started a series called ‘Saturday’s Scottish Single’. The aim was to feature one 45 or CD single by a Scottish singer or band with the proviso that the 45 or CD single was in the collection. I had got to Part 60-something and as far as Kid Canaveral when the rug was pulled out from under TVV.
I’ll catch up soon enough by featuring 5 or more at a time from the archives..
(51) Friends Again – Honey At The Core b/w Lucky Star : Moonboot Records 7″ single (1983)
Read more about Friends Again here
(52) Frightened Rabbit – Fast Blood b/w Soon Go : Fast Cat Records : 7″ single (2008)
Read more about Frightened Rabbit here
NB : Part 52 was actually Be Less Rude/Sing The Greys but I featured this on T(n)VV a few weeks back.
(53) Geneva – No One Speaks b/w Closer To The Stars b/w Keep The Light On : Nude Records CD single (1996)
Read more about Geneva here
(54) The Gentle Waves – Falling From Grace b/w Going Home b/w October’s Sky b/w Hold Back A Thousand Hours : Jeepster Records CD single (2000)
The first solo recordings released by Isobel Campbell who at the time was still part of Belle & Sebastian. Also worth mentioning that Falling From Grace has been one of the most downloaded tracks I’ve ever made available….
(55) Glasvegas – Geraldine b/w The Prettiest Thing On Saltcoats Beach b/w Everybody’s Got To Learn Sometime : Mercury Records 2 x & 7″ singles (2008)
Read more about Glasvegas here
Parts 61 -65 next Saturday…..